208 sbhs weed enders Homestead-1.jpg

WEED ENDERS HOUSE

208 SALMON BROOK STREET

Part of the SBHS Campus

This small saltbox house was built in 1790 by Moses Weed and given to his son Moses 

207 Salmon Brook Street.jpg

CHAPMAN 

HOUSE

207 SALMON BROOK STREET

The house was built c. 1780. By the 1820 census, Levi Chapman (married to Mercy)

221 orlando smith front.jpg

SMITH-COOLEY

HOUSE

221 SALMON BROOK STREET

An earlier house was probably built on this site before 1788 because that year James

229 Salmon Brook Street.jpg

JEWETT-GILLIN

HOUSE

229 SALMON BROOK STREET

This house was also one of a group of houses built about 1830 on a block of land 

235%20maltbie%20house%20(1)_edited.jpg

JEWETT-MALTBIE 

HOUSE

235 SALMON BROOK STREET

The original house on this lot was built c. 1750 and was for the first minister in Granby 

251 Salmon Brook Colton House.jpg

COLTON

HOUSE

251 SALMON BROOK STREET

This house was built in 1850, probably by Samuel Benjamin. It was next owned

261 Salmon Brook Street 1.jpg

JAMES NEWTON LOOMIS

HOUSE

261 SALMON BROOK STREET

This sprawling Italianate structure was built in 1858 for James Newton Loomis who

2%20park%20place%20Granby%20Hotel%20colo

GRANBY HOTEL & AVERY PLACE

2 PARK PLACE

The house at 2 Park Place was built in 1805 by Pliny Hillyer, a very prosperous merchant, 

254%20Salmon%20Brook%20Street_edited.jpg

HOLCOMB-SHATTUCK

HOUSE

254 SALMON BROOK STREET

In 1797 the owner was blacksmith Gurdon Gould. It was sold to Thomas and

South Congregational Church 1.jpg

SOUTH CHURCH

ACADEMY & LIBRARY

248 SALMON BROOK STREET

The Academy/library building in this picture was built in 1870 on the location of 

230 Salmon Brook Street.jpg

COOLEY-GODDARD

HOUSE

230 SALMON BROOK STREET

There was a house on this site in 1855 but it was gone by 1869. Then about 1897,

208 sbhs abija rowe house.jpg

ABIJAH ROWE HOUSE

208 SALMON BROOK STREET

Part of the SBHS Campus

The Abijah Rowe house is the oldest remaining building from the original Salmon 

211 delia church house.jpg

DELIA CHURCH

HOUSE

211 SALMON BROOK STREET

It is not known when this house was built. It is not on the map in 1869 but by the 

225 hospital.jpg

DR. PENDELETON'S

HOSPITAL

225 SALMON BROOK STREET

A simpler version of this house was built between 1869 and 1890 for the Timothy on 

231.jpg

JEWETT-HOTCHKISS

HOUSE

231 SALMON BROOK STREET

This house was built about 1830 and is one of three houses built on Jewett land.

239 bunce house (1).jpg

BUNCE 

HOUSE

239 SALMON BROOK STREET

This house was probably built in 1814 for Isaac Phelps, a prosperous farmer, and

255 Salmon Brook Gaines Hotel.jpg

GAINES 

HOTEL

255 SALMON BROOK STREET

In c 1778 records show there was a tavern owned by Pliny Hillyer, in 1822 it seems Isaac

monument%20Memorial%20Day%201870%20Granb

CIVIL WAR

MONUMENT

GRANBY GREEN

On July 3, 1868, the men of Granby went to the Green to help erect the new Soldiers’

Loomis%20General%20Store3%20color%20(1)_

LOOMIS STORE

#3

258 SALMON BROOK STREET

People of a certain age in Granby still remember the large sprawling building

252 Salmon Brook Street.jpg

ASEL RICE

HOUSE

252 SALMON BROOK STREET

This house was built about 1875 by Asel Rice who married Mary Church. Asel played the

238 Salmon house dennison sarah case.jpg

DENNISON CASE

HOUSE

238 SALMON BROOK STREET

The house that was previously on this site was probably built between 1780-1790 for

226 Salmon Brook Street.jpg

GEORGE PETTIBONE

HOUSE

226 SALMON BROOK STREET

At least the rear of this house was estimated to have been built in 1790. The remainder

208%20sbhs%20Cooley%20School_edited.jpg

COOLEY SCHOOL

208 SALMON BROOK STREET

Part of the SBHS Campus

The Cooley Schoolhouse was built c. 1878 on the northeast corner of East Street and 

213 Crocker house (1).jpg

CROCKER 

HOUSE

213 SALMON BROOK STREET

This house was built by Jonathan Church in 1816. Jonathan was married to

227 s church parsonage.jpg

THE PARSONAGE

HOUSE

227 SALMON BROOK STREET

This house was built by Jonathan Church in 1816. Jonathan was married to

233 salmon brook street.jpg

JEWETT-SMITH-COOLEY

HOUSE

233 SALMON BROOK STREET

This house was built c. 1830 by Mary Jewett Smith and was one of three houses 

245 James Lee Loomis.jpg

JAMES LEE LOOMIS

HOUSE

245 SALMON BROOK STREET

This imposing house was probably built in the summer of 1861 for Harrison and

loomis brothers store #1 (1).jpg

LOOMIS STORE

#1 

259 SALMON BROOK STREET

There were three versions of the Loomis Bros. store. The first store was this one on the

4%20East%20Granby%20Road_edited.jpg

CASE

HOUSE

4 EAST GRANBY ROAD 

This elegant mansion on the north edge of the town green is a Granby landmark. The 

Loomis Store II and print shop on right.

LOOMIS STORE #2 

AND PRINT SHOP

256 SALMON BROOK STREET

Within a month of the disastrous fire at their first store, at #259 on the west side

250 salmon brk murphy house.jpg

REV. T MURPHY

HOUSE

250 SALMON BROOK STREET

The house was built in 1873 for The Rev. Thomas D. Murphy who was the minister 

234 Salmon Brook Street.jpg

SAMUEL BENJAMIN'S CHURCH

234 SALMON BROOK STREET

In 1893 S. J. Benjamin planned to build a church on the Sanford lot, or current 

208 Salmon Brook St
Granby, Hartford County 06035
USA

  • Facebook - Black Circle

© Salmon Brook Historical Society